My Progress

Monday, March 14, 2011

First Recipe - Vanilla Protein Pancakes

I know, it sounds kinda weird, right? Trust me, they're delicious, filling, and they'll curb your craving. I concocted this recipe this afternoon when I was hungry for lunch and craving pancakes. They freeze really well, so it's nice to make a big batch and save some for later, to quickly defrost for whenever you want one. Or two ;) You won't believe how fluffy they are!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup of Bisquick Heart Smart mix

1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use Biochem Whey Protein)
1/3 cup of light plain soymilk
1/8 cup of quick-cooking oats
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
a dash of ground cinnamon

Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl - add more water if the consistency is too thick. Spray your griddle pan with Pam, and cook as you would normally make pancakes.

This recipe makes 4 mini pancakes, and a serving is two pancakes. I like to spray them with spray butter, and top with 1/2 teaspoon of light syrup. Below is your nutritional information:






133 calories and 10 grams of protein for 2 pancakes? That's awesome. And honestly? I was full halfway through the second one. The addition of the oats helped make these a little more filling.

If you make these, please let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! This would definitely be a good staple in my household with the "protein fanatic" I live with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just made them! i added half of a ripe banana to the batter - yum :)

    also good with a little bit of peanut butter spread on top instead of syrup(yuck) or butter!

    ReplyDelete