My Progress

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Gym Must-Haves

There are a few things I need to make sure I get to the gym and have a successful workout. 

1) my iPod nano, loaded with an effective gym playlist. This new touchscreen version is great for the gym, as it's small, lightweight, and easily clips onto anything you want it to. It also has a FM radio, and a pedometer. Starting at $149, you can get yours here.
2) Vitamin Water Zero Lemonade. Zero calories, sweetened with Stevia, very refreshing!
3) Water Bobble! Yes, Bobble, not bottle. This neat little bottle comes with a filter, and actually filters the water as you drink. Kill two birds with one stone - stay hydrated, save the environment! I no longer buy water bottles since I purchased my Bobble. the 13 ounce version starts at around $9, and is available at Target, or you can order online here. The filter is good for 2-3 months, and then you can get a replacement filter for less than $5. Aren't they cute?

 4) Harbinger Womens Gloves - Calluses are nasty. Keep your pretty little hands safe with some cute gloves by Harbinger. Durable, useful, and they come in pink! Available at any sporting goods store.


5) Naked Juice Smoothies. Yes, those creepy looking juices you see in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. With no sugar added, these juices are bursting with healthy fruits and boosts, depending on the flavor. My favorites so far are Mighty Mango, and Green Machine. Just do me a favor - don't drink the whole 32 ounce bottle in one sitting - that's a good way to kill 550+ calories. I drink mine throughout the day, over a span of two days. It's a great after-gym drink.
6) Kombucha. Yes, the even CREEPIER looking inexplicable liquids you see in the refrigerated section. I've been obsessed with GT's Kombucha for almost two years now. The benefits are amazing - it increases your energy level, curbs your appetite, improves digestion, improves skin and hair, and much more. If I have a stomach ache, this is what I drink. This is great before the gym for energy, or after to quench your thirst. I prefer the Synergy variety, in Strawberry Serenity or Mystic Mango. Try it, you'll like it!

What are your gym must-haves? Anything you'd like to share?

2 comments:

  1. I am getting one of those water bobbles! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! My fridge dispenses filtered water, but it's so painfully slow. I'm so picky about water, it's strange. But I don't mind getting it from the tap when I'm using the bobble - it's great!

    ReplyDelete